If you love all things real, authentic and self-care, you must follow @iamashantis (or check out her blog). We’ve absolutely loved following along with Ashantis and her life through the years and we’re so excited to share her with you!
Let’s get right to it!
Tell us a little bit about you and why you started your blog/Instagram account.
I started my blog in February of 2018 as a way to have some creative release. I really do enjoy writing, but since starting grad school, it’s been tough to keep up with it all, to be honest!
My hope is that right now I will talk about whatever comes to mind… food, fashion, travel, health, or fitness and how it relates to being who my audience is now and learning to love this version of themselves.
What are your AM/PM skincare routines?
First, let me say I primarily use Cocokind products because I believe in the brand and being able to pick it up at Whole Foods is quite accessible for me.
In the AM…
- Splash my face with cold water
- Spritz my reusable cotton pad with Cocokind Rasebery Vinegar Toner and wipe all over, making sure I include my neck!
- Spray the Cocokind Rosewater Toner into the palm of my hand and add a drop of Cocokind Golden Elixer or Cocokind Chia Seed Oil depending on how dry I’m feeling.
- After letting that soak in a bit I use a pea size of Black Girl Sunscreen or Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen.
In the PM…
- Exfoliate with a dry brush and the Reveal Me Body Exfoliating Gel by European Wax Center to prevent ingrown hairs in my bikini and underarm area before getting in the shower
- Rinse off and use Everyone Lavender Body Wash or Lush Oaty Creamy Dreamy Shower Cream depending on how dry my skin is
- On a DRY face, apply the Cocokind Oil to Milk Cleanser and rinse
- After patting my skin dry I use the Everyone Lavender Lotion or Lush Dream Cream Lotion depending on my skin
- Do nothing to my face, besides a Mighty Patch if I have a zit.
- Maybe a lightweight moisturizer like the Fountain of Truth The Truth Insta-Face Lift Elixir (sidenote I wouldn’t pay full price for that product, I was gifted it)
- If I’m looking to relax, I’ll throw on the Cocokind Chloropyhll mask. Sometimes I mix it with the Fountain of Truth Honey Glow Mask or one of the facial oils that I mentioned before with a little water.
What’s your favorite beauty or wellness product right now? Why?
I think I’m loving the Cocokind Oil to Milk Cleanser because it melts everything off. I don’t wear makeup, but I do use Benefit products on my brows and it can be thick, so it helps get it all off, along with sweat.
What’s one product you can’t live without? (Can be beauty or health/wellness related!)
I couldn’t live without my brow gel. I have really thin brows, so it’s the only makeup I wear and I feel so odd walking without my brows filled. Haha!
What are some clean swaps you’ve made in your life recently? Why?
I hope this is answering the question…but I would say moving from traditional drug store products, such as Clean and Clear, to Cocokind.
Also swapping from traditional pads and tampons to all Cora products so I know what I’m using in my body. I primarily use their cup, but have the tampons and pads for lighter days too!
Thanks for all the insight into your beauty routine, Ashantis!
If you’re intersted in staying connected with Ashantis, be sure to follow her: